Girls will change the world.
Every person's future should be determined by their talents, dreams and hard work - not their gender. But girls face a confusing set of messages about their looks, their voices, their behaviour and their ambitions. Too often, those who show early signs of leadership are shut down and called "bossy".
Spice! day camps help preteen and teenage girls* find the tools to smash through their self-doubt - and through the glass ceiling.
Each participant discovers her own passions and strengths, then builds the skills that will make her a more confident, effective leader. In the process, she develops a network of ambitious girls who will inspire and support her as she grows into her leadership potential.
- setting goals and making plans to achieve them
- good work habits
- communication skills
- media literacy
- managing money
- history and government
- public speaking
- healthy living and body image
Summer 2018 registration for ages 10-14 now available! Join us in Kanata on July 23-27 or in Downtown Ottawa on August 13-17.
why choose spice! summer camps?
- Research-based curriculum with an emphasis on building confidence, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Small group sizes and individual attention
- Mature facilitators with real-world experience in leadership and education
- Inclusive, welcoming environment
- Introductions to diverse role models
- Field trips to discover community-based projects and programs
- Opportunities to form life-long friendships with other ambitious girls
- Ongoing communication with parents, allowing you to take part in your child's progress
Spice! Leadership camps are open to youth who identify as girls, as well as non-binary, Two Spirit, gender diverse, gender fluid and gender non-conforming youth between the ages of 10 and 14. Camp venues have gender-neutral washrooms available. Contact us to find out whether Spice! is right for your child.